The following steps will create a region that simulates the "No Template" region and includes an ID so it will work with dynamic actions.
- Go to Shared Components
- Click on Templates
- Click the Create button
- Template Type: Region
- Select From Scratch and click Next
- Name: No Template w. ID
Theme: Select your default theme (in most cases you'll only have one option)
Template Class: Reports Region
Click the Create button
- You should be brought back to the Templates page. To filter the list of regions select Region as the Type and click the Go button
- Click on No Template w. ID to modify it
- Put the following HTML in the Definition section
- It should look like
- Click the Apply Changes button
If you modify your region that used No Template and change it to the new template that you created, No Template w. ID, it will look the same for the end users with the big difference being that dynamic actions will work when applied against the region.
The following query identifies regions that use the No Template region template which you may want to modify to use the custom No Template w. ID:
Note: I think Patrick Wolf mentioned that the No Template region template will include an ID in APEX 4.1.
SELECT page_id, page_name, region_name, template
WHERE application_id = :app_id
AND template = 'No Template'