Create new Tabular Form
- Create page > Page type: Form > Tabular Form
- Select the following options:
- Note: For simplicity/demo purposes, limiting to just the SAL and ENAME columns.
- Primary Key: Select Primary Key Column(s) > Primary Key Column 1 > EMPNO
- Run through the rest of the wizard.
Remove Automatic DML
Since custom code will be used to process the page, delete the automatic row processing process as shown below.
Create a new process with the following settings (the Source is included below the image).
if :empno is null then -- code to insert emp null; else update emp set ename = :ename, sal = :sal where empno = :empno; end if;
Using the above technique you can now use a tabular form to call custom PL/SQL code rather than the automatic row processing.
The next article will cover how to modify data from multiple tables in the same Tabular Form.