Friday, May 15, 2015

Help Promote Logger

Here's a snippet from a Twitter conversation today between Steven Feuerstein and I around a user that created their own PL/SQL logging platform:




Steven is absolutely correct when he says "You haven't done a good enough job promoting it" ("it" being Logger). Despite my best efforts, promoting Logger is something I've struggled with and need some help.

Based on past emails and conversations, I know they're a lot of developers and organizations using Logger. If you're using Logger, either personally or within your organization, I need your help. Please blog about it (and post the link in the comments section below), email me a quote that I can use (martin@clarifit.com), Tweet about it (use #orcllogger), or mention it at the next conference you go to.

To those that help promote it, thank you in advance.

- Martin

3 comments:

  1. Hi Martin, I will have a look. We use Logger as the default logging mechanism in all of our applications because it is embedded into our base (QuickStart) Application ! Regards, Guido Leduc (The DOC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martin,

    great work!

    I used to maintain a LOGGER project of my own (yes, same name and even quite similar approach) until I came across yours some months ago. Now I'm (re-)writing the PL/SQL Code Generator that I created for my LOGGER package so that it fits for yours, too.

    With this APEX application, PL/SQL code can be easily upgraded to embrace the LOGGER interface. Instrumenting existing code is a matter of a few seconds per copy/paste. Another feature is the PLSQLdoc style documentation of new or existing routines.

    Here's my beta. It's not complete, e.g. parsing might yet fail in some cases. I would greatly appreciate your feedback.

    https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=58849:10

    Looking forward to seeing you in Düsseldorf at the APEX CONNECT.

    Regards,
    Andreas
    @whenothers dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this is great! Alex Nuijten also has somehting similar via PL/SQL here: https://github.com/alexnuijten/loggerutil It may be worth working with him to integrate both of your projects.

      Delete