Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Validation Messages

When you have an apostrophe (') in your last name you soon realize that a lot of sites don't handle them properly when entering your information. Normally I get a simple error or my last name will be converted to "D" or "Souza". Today I tried to register for a demo for a fairly popular application and received the following error message:


The error message says "Last Name contains errors". Someone clearly didn't do their job when creating this registration form. Besides the fact that I couldn't register with my last name, stating that my last name "contains errors" doesn't really make sense.

I know this post isn't specific to APEX but this is just a reminder when defining validations to use meaningful error messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment